Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Haiku Fun!

Hi guys! Late, again, wow! I'm getting so busy nowadays, catching up to things now that winter break is almost over! Anyway, we were taking a drive this morning, and it was cold, sunny, and windy at the same time. This beautiful and unique weather inspired me to write a quick poem that I wanted to share with you all. I'll try to write a poem every day for the next couple days and share it with you!

I love reading poems in general - they are such a symbolic and special way to convey a feeling that seems indescribable. A haiku, by definition is "one of the most important forms of traditional Japanese poetry. Haiku is, today, a 17-syllable verse form consisting of three metrical units of 5, 7, and 5 syllables" (www.toyomasu.com). These short and sweet poems are traditionally written about nature. 

My poem is entitled simply, "Wind". Please +1 if you like it, or comment with your own haikus! I would love to read them all and post my favorites at the end of our poetry fun


Grass shivers in wind
Cool air whistling through ears
of all seeking peace 

No comments:

Post a Comment