Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Haiku Fun!

Hi guys! Late, again, wow! I'm getting so busy nowadays, catching up to things now that winter break is almost over! Anyway, we were taking a drive this morning, and it was cold, sunny, and windy at the same time. This beautiful and unique weather inspired me to write a quick poem that I wanted to share with you all. I'll try to write a poem every day for the next couple days and share it with you!

I love reading poems in general - they are such a symbolic and special way to convey a feeling that seems indescribable. A haiku, by definition is "one of the most important forms of traditional Japanese poetry. Haiku is, today, a 17-syllable verse form consisting of three metrical units of 5, 7, and 5 syllables" (www.toyomasu.com). These short and sweet poems are traditionally written about nature. 

My poem is entitled simply, "Wind". Please +1 if you like it, or comment with your own haikus! I would love to read them all and post my favorites at the end of our poetry fun


Grass shivers in wind
Cool air whistling through ears
of all seeking peace